[ncolug] Re: menuconfig - thanks David

  • From: David Fierbaugh <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:45:34 -0500

On Friday 11 November 2005 13:04, Bryan Savage wrote:
> David Fierbaugh wrote:
> >This is not something I would expect 'Joe User' to do, but as you'll see,
> > this takes no programming knowledge, and is not kernel hacking by any but
> > the largest stretch of the imagination.

_____________

truncated
_____________

> This is a good point, David.  I've never used 'make menuconfig' even
> though I've read about it before.  I assume that the kernel source has
> to be installed, which is an optional package on most distros I've
> used.  You've inspired me to learn something new.
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan

Take a look at:
http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html

And be sure to look at distro specific howto's that you'll have to google for.

-- David

All functions of our list can be controlled through the web by logging in
at //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

You can also unsubscribe by sending email to
ncolug-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field