[ncolug] Re: chapters 8 and 9

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:30:28 -0400

Thanks for everything, but I am loading FreeBSD now. Via FTP, it should finish around this time tomorrow...

nor thern wrote:

*/nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    */larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        still "no inst_src on media" - I don't think it is looking for
        RPM's.

        nor thern wrote:

        > */larry /* wrote:
        >
        > Got up to the point of adding sources, the FTP site times out
        > repeatedly. Verified the URL with Firefox, no problem.
        >
        > nor thern wrote:
        > >
        > > #yast -i y2pmsh
        > >
        > > found it here
        > >

        > > http://en.theweeklyrant.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9
        > >

        > --

ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/x86_64

        > 64 bit rpms in this folder.
        > excellent dowload speed from this server.

        ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/media.1

        version matching && downloading current index

i compared the equivalent command/ftp location for updating
source repository which is output at Easy Urpmi.
urpmi.addmedia main
ftp://mandrake.cict.fr/Mandrakelinux/devel/2006.0/x86_64/media/main
with media_info/hdlist.cz
Suse location of the index is different but i believe you are
close to the right level.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/ <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/%20>

    Suse guru site, has his gpg key for import of his packages. Suse
    before 10.1 accepted packages without verification.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/%20>

--
And future deeds crowded round us As the countless stars in the night.

                                Goethe (1749-1832)