[ncolug] Re: bait for Stick

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:52:30 -0400

Ha! Guess I should have read the response before adding a redundant pair of pennies.

Mike K.

Chuck Stickelman wrote:
I'll take the bait...

"Everyone"?  Who's included in "everyone"?

My answer is that Linux "fragmented" the day Red Hat came into existence.

Though "everyone" also agrees that Windows has gon through so many versions that it's
often called the "unix-ification"  of Windows...

The fact that there is choice leads people to chose differently.  It's a good
thing on many levels.

As a point of fact I wil remind "everyone" that at the center of all Linux
systems there is no fragmentation.  A Linux kernel is a Linux kernel.

Chuck