[ncolug] Re: Compile and install

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:41:42 -0400

Hey Garrett!

Sorry I missed your post before.

If you are using Ubuntu, and I know you are, you will simply need to find flashplugin-nonfree using Synaptic Package Manager.

You find that under System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager

If you do not see it in the list, it could be that you need to enable the non-free repositories (Ubuntu 6.10 and earlier). You can do this by clicking on Settings -> Repositories while in Synaptic. Check all the boxes on the Ubuntu Software tab. Once you click on close, click the "Reload" button at the top and try your search again.

Let me know how that goes.

I also look forward to seeing the lspci so we can get your wireless rolling. Remember to start a new thread (Change the Subject in your email) when you send the lspci.

Mike Knisely

Garrett Joyce wrote:
ahhhh i need some help...im fairly new to linux but im officially lost, can someone point me in the direction to some tutorials on how to compile and install software. Because i cant install flash 9 player.
thanks ahead of time

Subject field.