[nanomsg] Re: Separating the library from the docs

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:15:53 +0200

Hi Luca,

I'm not sure exactly why having the current --enable-doc is not enough
to cover the situation.

The problem is that until there are distro packages available, the only distribution channels are git repo and source packages. None of them contains generated man pages.

So, being a regular user, you just download the package and build it. As you probably don't have asciidoc and friends installed, you won't have man pages available.

There are two possible solutions:

1. Ignore it. People should install the doc toolchain if they want to use docs while offline.
2. Package the generated docs in the source package.

I was trying to come up with a way to do 2.) cleanly, but I guess we'll just proceed with 1.) for now.