[nanomsg] Re: Separating the library from the docs

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:55:28 +0200

Hi Evan,

That said, from a hacker side, I didn't really care that I had to add
a bunch of extra packages to make docs, but those dependencies were
readily available on my system.   If the docs are in its own directory
and the dependencies are only required if I 'make docs', then does it
matter to me where they live?

No, it doesn't really matter it it's a different directory, different branch or different git repo. The only point is to keep the two fully separate and copy generated docs from the doc-component to the lib-component.

The only reasons for separating the repos the would be not to confuse users (like believeing they have access to doc sources when they are actually working with library source code) and not to confuse the toolchain (two ./configures in a single project?).