[nanomsg] Re: Persisted reliable messaging

  • From: Paul Colomiets <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:56:50 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Jörg Singler <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks. I have already a version which is running on top by using simple
> files. That works fine so far by stacking the current patterns. It gives you
> additionally possibilities to send messages in a bulk. Clearly my
> implementation misses the proper handling of embedded pointers in the
> message and some more sophisticated mechanisms. Btw. how do you handle
> embedded pointers in a message in the core when using remote protocols? Does
> that work via RDMA?

No embedded pointers are expected in the messages (except minority of
cases with inproc://). The data is serialized before sending via the
network.

If you have a prototype, the questions that I'm curiuos about:

1. What is performance impact?

2. How do you compact the log, or whatever on-disk structure you use
for persistence?

--
Paul