[nanomsg] Re: Generalizing pubsub distribution

  • From: Jack Dunaway <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 12:46:02 -0600

As it's more important for me to keep the estimators up to date than to
process every observation

There exists a branch on github which defines the "sync" scalability
protocol (SP):
https://github.com/nanomsg/nanomsg/commit/79c9783c02ef16a2ef3fef5b26d05053530d15db

In this protocol, the two endpoints "MASTER" and "MIRROR" form a 1:N
relationship, where a "MIRROR" is always able to request only the most
recent message "published" by the "MASTER".

Is this closer to what you're looking for? (I am interested to see this SP
mainlined, also having application domains where freshness is more
important than losslessness)

Kind regards,
Jack R. Dunaway | Wirebird Labs LLC

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

dist. But I think the protocol api could be all that's needed, as I
suggested in my last post. Is that right?

Now I notice protocol.h is not even installed by autotools, that makes
me think I'm barking the wrong tree since it doesn't look like an
interface for the nanomsg user but for the nanomsg developer.