[nanomsg] Re: Generalizing pubsub distribution

  • From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:42:00 -0300

Everyone gets everything? As in published messages? I am not as familiar
with nano or even zmq, but have worked with and spun my own pub/sub. Are
you saying there are no "topics"? i.e. Only subscribers of topic A see A
messages but no B messages, and vice versa?

I never used it myself, I'm just taking it from http://250bpm.com/blog:17 :

So, to use messaging terminology, everyone connected to the message bus
gets any message sent to the bus.

Note that as with any other broadcasting pattern, the message transfer is
not reliable. If it was, single slow, dead or malevolent application would
be able block the whole topology.