[nama] Re: Comingling opportunity and progress update

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:29:07 -1000

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 08:37:10PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
But one thing I didn't understand. The thing
> about reassigning busses and using a or the null bus for something.

Sorry, the use case is manually connecting tracks, for
example, I want to manipulate piano sounds through
several stages, using a track for each stage:

piano->piano_effects1->piano_effects2->piano_inserts->Master

Rather than use buses, it would be easier to
connect things this way:

nama> piano_effects1 source piano

or

nama> piano send piano_effects1

The bit about assigning to buses is a detail to consider
because any new track by default outputs to the mixer
(Master), and that behavior is not wanted here.

Cheers,

--
Joel Roth