[muglo] Re: where do iPad downloads go?

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:12:56 -0400

On 2-Jul-10, at 10:02 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

If you are emailing the photos just touch and hold the photo and you get a drop down menu that allows you to save the photo to the photo app in the saved photo folder.

OK, finally something that works. Called up a test message in Mail, touched the attached photo and after a noticeably long time, a menu popped up giving me the choice of copying or saving the image. No choices as to where, nor any indication of where the arbitrary destination would be, but taking things on trust I closed Mail, opened Photos and after another noticeable lapse of time — voila! the e- mailed photo!

It looked terrible. I had measured the iPod screen: seven and three- quarter inches wide by six inches high. On the laptop I had Photoshopped the picture to exactly those dimensions at 300 dots per inch. On the laptop's bigger screen it looks crisp and vivid: On the iPad it looks like something painted faintly in watercolours on a layer of crumbled cookie dough. Is there a preferred size and resolution for the images meant to go on the thing?---