[muglo] Re: time lapse

  • From: Don Green Dragon <fergdc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:09:16 -0700

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the information about hard drives and the Time Capsule.

<snip>>

> MacWorld says Time Machine's hourly intervals can be lengthened without a
> third-part modifying app:
>
> "If you think Time Machine backs up too often (or not often enough) for your
> file named com.apple.backupd-auto.plist. Open it in your favorite text
> editor, and look for this section:
>   <key>StartInterval</key>
>   <integer>3600</integer>
>
> Change the 3600 number to some other time interval in seconds, and you'll
> have changed Time Machine's backup interval."

Hmmm! On my iMac, 'System' translates as 'Macintosh HD'.

Here, the file <com.apple.backupd-auto.plist> does not exist, but one could
easily be created with the content

<key>StartInterval</key>
<integer>86400</integer>

which should yield a 24 hour backup. Any one tried that?

Don Green Dragon
fergdc@xxxxxxx