[muglo] inks

  • From: Roy Hanson <printerman@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:38:00 -0500

generic ink appears to be water/dye based (short life!) and, I agree
with Gerhard, it depends where you buy the ink.
UV ink is designed for a long life..usually 5 years, but thats usually
in the sun. Christmas cards printed with UV ink, but since I throw my
christmas cards into the paper recycling bag, water based is find with me.
To have it last a LONG time, laminate, this is a plastic coating applied
by heat. OR go photoquality with UV ink.

--
Roy Hanson, Technical Services
voice: 519 652 6233

www.printerman.ca