[muglo] Re: VIRTUAL PC

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:08:12 -0400

On 6-Sep-06, at 1:36 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> When I duplicate a PC on Virtual PC, do the programs (Office/Word) =
also
> duplicate? I see the icon on both desktops (original and duplicate pc=20=

> on
> Virtual PC)  but want to know if the program exists separately on each=20=

> pc
> thereby taking up more space on Virtual PC? Or does the icon on each=20=

> pc link
> to the same singly existing program accessed by two icons from =
separate
> pc=92s?

Theresa I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.  Are you talking two=20=

separate computers where VPC is installed on each and where you copied=20=

the drive C file from one to the other?  If that is the case then the=20
c: drives would be the same but physically separate.  The file acts as=20=

a virtual hard drive so whatever was on the original is on the copy.  I=20=

have done this in the past but only with OS 9 when moving from one=20
computer to another.

If you are talking VPC in OS X then I have a funny feeling that each=20
User might have their own VPC preference file but that those=20
preferences would not include installed programs on the c: drive image=20=

file which is shared by all users of VPC.

> The issue here is that my son only uses Virtual PC to access a =
specific
> online game. I could delete Word off the duplicate pc if it takes up=20=

> extra
> space but I wouldn=92t bother if it is only existing once.

You could try deleting a program you no longer use and see what=20
happens; or install a new one and see what happens (then delete it!)

Martin

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/