[muglo] Re: Upgrading to Leopard???

  • From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:53 -0400

That WAS for the "Developers Seed", which was one of the early-on betas.

The final shipping version of Leopard required a minimum 867 mhz G4,
and the only way you are going to get Leopard on an 800 mhz iMac G4
is through one of the "workarounds" available online, such as here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392106
or here:
http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/351987/leopard-on-800mhz-g4-imac/

Above is what I found by simply Googling "leopard install 800mhz g4".

You don't say how much RAM / hard drive space you have Chris. That
will most definitely be a factor to consider. And also, if upgrading
to Leopard is really worth it to you.

lc_Chris