[muglo] Re: Slow DVD burner

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:54:41 -0500

Bus speeds are close enough, same memory in both machines, roughly the
same hard drives. I even defragmented the HD on the dual with no
improvement.
The only thing I haven't tried is switching the burners. The dual
tower is easy enough to access, but the single is an eMac and that is
a bugger to tear down.

On Dec 20, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> Is it possible that the dual processor machine has a slower bus
> speed?  Does one machine have more memory/faster memory?  How fast
> are the hard-drives in the computers?  How full are the hard-drives?
>
> Gerhard
> gerhardk@xxxxxxx

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx