[muglo] Re: Preserving Prints

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:24:31 -0500

If you use a printer that uses a pigment based ink fading is not a
problem.  Printers that use dye based inks produce prints that can
fade in a matter of months as opposed to 100 years for pigment based
inks.  If you buy a good printer and then use generic ink  you can
also expect that the prints will not last as long, with ink you get
what you pay for.

Gerhard