[muglo] Re: PAL to VHS [OT]

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:50:36 -0400

On 28/06/06, Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that this is Off Topic (hence the [OT]), but does anyone know if
> it is possible in London to have a PAL format VCR tape copied to VHS
> format and, if so, what is the cost?  Or is it cheaper to get a PAL VCR
> player?
>
> Paul

I'd argue this is on topic ;-)

One other option is to have the PAL VHS video copied to DVD. That way you
don't have to worry about keeping a VCR player around in the future and you
could copy the signal back to VHS at will.

PS You're thinking NTSC... VHS merely refers to the tape format.

Just learned a whole lot about NTSC, and PAL/SECAM...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

(the differences are becoming less important anyway as digital takes over...
the TV we had in Britain was perfectly happy accepting NTSC input as well
(though, as expected, PAL displayed a higher quality image))

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/