[muglo] Re: Off-topic request -- teaching positions in London area

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:49:50 -0400

On 19/06/06, Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By the way, I heard that earlier this year there were something like 15
> French immersion teachers applying for positions. There were something like
> 26 jobs available. jim

I could believe it. I dropped off our resumes at a number of schools
(a tiny fraction of the overall number of schools... N of London along
hwy 4, NE London and down Adelaide street + one each in Woodstock &
Ingersoll) and a common question was "Can you teach in French?"

Though, surprisingly French doesn't even have that much pull. A friend
of ours does `extended French' (5 years experience) and, though she
was hired by both the LCDSB and TVDSB, she couldn't exert enough
pressure to have her future husband (MALE grade _3_ teacher) hired on
(so they didn't move to London & she's moved to a new school in
Toronto).

Now to push some more in Thames Valley (man, that's a HUGE board) and wait.

Some positions which are perfect for Veronica have appeared on ATT &
I'd like to go for them too but she has a _much_ better shot given her
experience (grade 7/8)... Plus, I'm wondering if it would look to
strange to have a wife & husband apply for the same position. Plus, I
had some promising conversations with a few principals and with a few
individuals at head office so am keeping fingers crossed. Maybe I'll
come into London again next week and canvass some more schools (I ran
out of time (after 7 hours and 120 km) and couldn't do St Thomas _at
all_ :-(.

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/