[muglo] (OT?) iDont ?

  • From: Ilbert Walker <ilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:35:46 -0400

Amazing .........what lengths the opposition will go to - to decry a
good product?
Ilbert

iDon't iDonkey -- published in today's Guardian

You may well have seen SanDisk's iDont.com site, which pokes fun at
sheep-like iPod users and the Apple's Orwellian iTatorship. (It was
on Engadget about a month ago.) Today, the campaign got roughly half
a page in our Media Guardian section (Something to soothe my brand
neurosis), which I mention for one of Naresh Ramchandani comments:

It's a knocking campaign and the way it knocks is nicely finessed.
Like all websites, iDon't.com is a piece of editorial and the
Advertising Standards Authority -- quick to clamp down on commercial
claims that denigrate rival brands -- does not regulate editorial
content (The iDont.com website is not, in itself, an advertisement.)

And as he points out, the site doesn't actually plug the SanDisk
product, just links to independent reviews at CNet and Anything But
iPod.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/