[muglo] Re: OT: Web design and web hosting

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:16:09 -0400

Hi Theresa, that's really the more skilful part!!  I have been doing
web 'design' work for years - largely for MUGLO and others - but I
would NOT call myself a web designer, which I believe is largely an
artistic temperament and some learnt skill!!  There are of course
courses available on the subject but how much they help I don't know -
as I say it is partly a 'natural' skill like an artist!!!

You might like to look at www.freewebs.com which I have used quite a
bit.  You have the option of using their guided help for constructing a
web site or alternatively one can can use the conventional method of
creating your work on your own and then uploading (which is the method
I use)!  Many years ago I started a HTML SIG which I hoped might lead
into web design, but then we gave up having meetings and I tried it on
the web site - but there was little interest so I abandoned it!!

Good luck and ask more questions if you find it necessary!!

Paul