[muglo] Re: Networking

  • From: "Tim Kearn" <timmer21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:24:43 -0400

Good point, Scott.
Looked it up under Toast's help file and this is what I found:

To record from Toast to a shared recorder:
1       Set up your disc project as you normally would.
2       At the bottom of the Toast window, click the green Recording Options
button.
A list appears displaying names of any recorders connected to your
system and any shared recorders on the same local network.
3       Choose the name of a shared recorder.
4       To access a shared recorder at any location on the Internet, choose
Other Shared Recorder. A dialog appears, where you can enter an IP
address.
5       If the person who is sharing their recorder set a password, you must
enter the password in the dialog box that appears.
6       Click the red Record button.
The person sharing their recorder will be prompted to insert a blank
disc. Toast displays a progress bar as it records your disc over the
network.

So, going by that, it should work with a PC.
I'll mess around with it and try a few things.
As far as copying them to the mini, have done that before, but for a
few reasons, like to do direct copying.
Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!
Tim