[muglo] Re: MS IE and their default web page

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Canada <mac-canada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:54:29 -0500

On 12/21/05, Arnel Tuazon <a.tuazon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/20/05 11:42 AM, "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > And, here's the reason that MS formally abandoning IE sucks (slightly):
> >
> > <http://photolab.ca/Brand/en/PhotolabHP.asp>
> >
> > Click on "Locate your nearest Photolab pick-up location". This link
> > only works in IE 5.2.3 :-( :-( :-(.
> >
> > Neither FireFox 1.5 nor Safari 2.0.2 work. I've fired off a comment to
> > Loblaw's "question" e-mail but doubt it'll do much. Perhaps it would
> > also be worth reporting this "broken" link to Safari's feedback agent
> > and to FF?
> >
> Actually it does work IF you move your pointer over the tab "print digita=
l"
> , you'll get a drop down menu.  Select "in-store printing" from the menu =
and
> you'll see a button on the page that appears that will allow you to locat=
> your nearest photo lab.
>
> It'll also work with the tab "prints & gifts".  You'll see a drop down me=
nu
> and just select "prints".  Again you'll see a button for store locater.  =
It
> works!
>
> Currently using Safari 1.3.1 under Panther 10.3.9.

Just to go for semantics ;-P

Technically, it _doesn't_ work since the highlighted way to get there
doesn't work... but, it's good to know that there's an alternative
route to get there.

PS You need to have Block pop-up windows turned off to allow the
content to be displayed (I often wondered why I'd get blank pages... I
figured the advertisers were using faulty servers... it seems that
Safari bars the newly opened window from d/ling content, but not from
opening up).

Eric.