[muglo] Re: MP3 / ACC / WMA / OGG Music Files

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 20:07:49 -0500

Most of my music library is encoded AAC at 192 kbps.  I can tell the
difference of a CD and a file encoded at 128 kbps side by side but I
think it is good enough for listening in a car or other situations
were the music is only background and not the primary focus.  At 192
kbps I can't tell the difference between the original and the
compressed sound file.  Others may have different experiences and it
depends on the type of music listened to as well.  I chose AAC over
MP3 purely because it was the default format for iTunes.

Gerhard