[muglo] Learning about X11

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Yellow Dog Linux General Discussion List <yellowdog-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Yellow Dog Linux Newbie List <yellowdog-newbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:04:38 -0500

Hello all, I found an interesting page on X11.

It has Mac OS X-specific info but also discusses (in very plain
language :-) some generic X11 commands and concepts. Enjoy.

<http://developer.apple.com/darwin/runningx11.html>

PS (for Mac OS X users) you can apparently run window managers other
than quartz-wm.

Eric.