[muglo] Fwd: Ipod Tech Issues?

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:17:32 -0400

I bought this iPod touch for my grand-daughter just before last Xmas at the online Apple Store. As of now I can't track down the receipt. It sounds as though the device is finished. However, before I take it in to have the experts take a look, would anyone on Muglo have some idea of what the problem may be?

Thanks, Bob

Begin forwarded message:

<x-tad-smaller>I was just wondering if something like this has happened to you before, because I'll be on my IPod and it will randomly crash (Flash a white screen, and then turn off) and then go into restore mode. when I plug it into iTunes, it will only restore about 25% of the time, other than that, it will crash (same thing, white screen, then turn off) during the restoration. It started this on the first day of us driving down to Florida, so on the 8th. </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>I didn't use it while we were in Florida, and then last night (the night before we started home) I tried to restore it "one last time", and it worked! </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Sadly, it crashed again today, about an hour after I had started using it. So, as I'm writing this to you, I'm in the midst of trying to restore it again, but it doesn't look like I'll have luck tonight.</x-tad-smaller>