[muglo] Re: Finder problem

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:54:43 -0500

I was just thinking that..... there is a 'Guest' option and I will check that. A bit of Voodoo: I connected my eMac to another computer via firewire and started in Target mode to transfer a file. After the transfer and a restart, the 'Places' list reappeared while I still had the firewire cable connected. pulled the cable and it disappeared again.

On Mar 10, 2012, at 12:49 PM, Frank Birch wrote:

Do you have more than one network running?

On 10 Mar 2012, at 12:29, Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My 'Places' list showing network computers has disappeared from the Finder sidebar. Although there are 2 computers and an iPhone on the network, none show up anywhere on my eMac. Everything is normal on the other computers. All of the settings are correct(file sharing, etc). I've tried restart a few times to no avail and online forums were fruitless. I don't remember doing anything significant prior to the disappearance, other than replacing the optical drive.
<Picture 1.pdf>

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,