[muglo] Re: Drive Rejects CD

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:31:47 -0400

Bob, use 'System Profiler', > 'Disc Burning', and insert a blank CD. It will read the disc after hitting 'refresh' in the 'view' menu and give burn speeds which should test the drive sufficiently.

On Oct 15, 2011, at 9:18 PM, Bob McDaniel wrote:

Hi

A relative gave me the install CD for Readiris Pro 12, an OCR application. However, when I insert it into the drive of my MacBook Pro (OS 10.6.8) it is rejected. Not rejected are an old Mac OS 9 install CD, a music CD that I have previously burned and a DVD video disc. The Readiris CD does open on my eMac (OS 10.3.9).

How can I test the MBP drive to confirm whether it is working correctly? Thanks.

Bob

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.