[muglo] Re: Drive Rejects CD

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:31:58 -0400

If you use the drive sparingly and want to avoid a large repair bill, consider picking up an external USB burner from Tigerdirect for around $40. As you can see from my screenshot, I did just that after my drive went in my eMac. Although cheap to replace, the drive is really buried in the innards and requires a major teardown.

On Oct 16, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Bob McDaniel wrote:

Thanks, Wayne. After following these instructions, and no burn speeds appearing, I've concluded the optical drive needs fixing. Even before bringing up "System Profiler" the blank CD was being ejected instead of launching Toast Titanium.

I did, however, install Readiris on the MacBook Pro by copying the install files from the CD to my eMac and transferring them to the MBP via my network. Works great.

Bob

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,