[muglo] Data for top ten apps

  • From: Jordan Smith <jrbsman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:23:15 -0800 (PST)

I guess I'll add my list of top ten applications:

Safari
Mail
NetNewsWire
Things
Pages
SuperDuper
iMovie/ Final Cut Pro depending on video
1Password
Skitch
Visual Hub (although it is not available to buy now you may be able to get an
open source copy)

There are so many more but I tried to put a mix in here of productivity
applications, fun applications, and a mix between Apple and third party apps as
well.

I think it might also be interesting to hear from those people with iPhones or
iPod Touches what their favourite applications are on that platform.

In no particular order mine would be:
Sudoku - train the brain
GroceryIQ- everyone needs to go grocery shopping, why not make it organized
NYTimes- The Opinion pages are my favourite
Twinkle - Twitter on both the local scale and through the whole network
Now Playing - movie listings, info, directions to theatres, as well as DVD
release dates
SnapTell - Take a picture of a book, movie, or CD and it will tell you what it
is
Cube Runner - one of the simplest games, make your ship avoid some cubes, but a
ton of fun
Phone Aid- I have a very good first aid instructional with me at all times
Shazam- it will listen to the music that is playing and tell you what the song
is with a link to the iTunes store
AirSharing - makes your iPhone into a portable harddrive, share files
wirelessly on a network

The only application on this list that wouldn't work on an iPod Touch (without
the special microphone headphones) is Shazam

Jordan

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca