[muglo] DVD Editing Again

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:25:25 -0400

Hi there

I have now managed (quite easily) editing a DVD movie (removing the
commercials); at the end I now want to save the file to burn onto a
blank DVD!

I can save the file to disc but I cannot find a format readable by the
Mac DVD Player; the original disc was a VOB file.  When I try to save
my edited file I cannot do this!  I can save it as an mpeg movie file
which can be played on the QT Player.  I tried importing it into iMovie
but it would not accept it!  I can also export to DV but don't know if
this will help?

My question is: if anyone has used iDVD (which I don't have currently)
can one import into it a mpeg movie file and then output a movie that
can be played on a regular DVD player?  I have looked at the iDVD info
on the Apple web pages but this information is not given!!  Also I
gather, though it is not clear, that iDVD will produce a title display
to enable one to select one of a number of videos on the same disc?
Again I don't know if this can be done without iDVD though my
programme, MPEG Streamclip, does have an option Convert to TS -
whatever that is?

Obviously I can purchase a copy of iDVD (as part of iLife '06) but I
don't want to do this if it doesn't do the job!!

Can anyone help me, please!!

Paul