[muglo] Control Strip Modules

  • From: Leith Peterson <lpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:10:26 -0500

I'm using OS 9.2.2 on an iBook.  I understand from my OS9 and iBook
Dummies books, that if I don't want a control strip, I can
option-drag it (the tile) from the Control Strip Modules folder in
the System Folder to the trash.  But then one of the books warn that
I might need it someday.  So what do I do if I don't want it to show
up in my control strip, but I don't want to trash it, in case I might
need it someday?

For instance, it appears that the Web Sharing extension and control
panel may be interfering with my Zip drive, so I turned them off.
But now I have to stare at this annoyomg red "X" through that control
strip all the time.  Can I just move the tile to a separate folder or
something?  Or is there a way to retrieve the tile if necessary after
it's been trashed?

Pls let me know.  Thanks.

Leith