[muglo] Re: Browser Bookmarks

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:01:48 -0500

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:26:48 -0500, Biti <Biti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> After the advice and help I received from the Muglo list, I
> successfully migrated my thousands of bookmarks to Safari from IE using
> Safari Enhancer. I have also tried FireFox but Safari works fine and
> for the purpose of keeping my bookmarks organised and current I have to
> choose one or the other. Safari seems to be the best choice for me at
> the moment.
>
> An aside; for the purpose of keeping abreast of Java versions, Safari
> might be the best alternative.

You may also want to check out Camino -- it's an older and more mature
Mac-only cousin to FireFox. They share the same HTML display engine
but the interface differs. Camino is a Mac app and quite polished
whereas FireFox is a sub-optimal port from Windows/Linux (the Linux
version is quite a bit better than the corresponding Mac version).

That said, Safari is still my favourite Mac browser (FireFox wins
hands down on Linux).

Eric.