[muglo] Re: Apple mouse scroll ball

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:37:31 -0500

On 28-Dec-09, at 2:04 PM, George Couckuyt wrote:

> I've been having problems with my Apple mouse scroll ball. It
> sometimes seems to not want to scroll down

  The Mighty Mouse is notorious for losing it's scroll. George's
solution is one that works to keep the scrolling mechanism clean.
Sometimes it gets so gummed up that it finally stops scrolling down. I
have been using a can of compressed air on the downside of the scroll
ball, depressing the ball and blasting air through the mechanism.
Sometimes you have to take it apart to remove the gunk in the scroll
bar where it touches the ball.