[muglo] A Computer Joke to Lighten your Day

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:43:57 -0500

I just got this off another message board that I thought you might
like....

Paul

A Canadian customer was calling to find out if there was a
faster way to trigger menu commands than mousing up to the
menus.

Agent: Certainly, sir. There are keyboard shortcuts for many
of those commands. For example, suppose you want to trigger
the Select All command...

Caller: Yes, I use that one all the time! How do I do it?

Agent: Well, you just press Control-A.

Caller (after a pause): Well, that's not working for me.

Agent: Do you have a text document open in front of you?

Caller: Yes, I sure do.

Agent: OK, now press Control-A.

Caller: I am, but nothing happens.

Agent: The text isn't highlighted?

Caller: No, there's no change at all.

Agent: That's odd. If you press Control-A the whole document
should be highlighted. Try it again. Press Control-A. Tell
me exactly what's happening.

(A long pause)

Caller (nearing his Canadian breaking point): Listen. I'm
pressing Control, eh? And nothing's happening, eh?