[mswindowsxp] Re: WinXP is Plug-And-Play? NOT if it is USB!!!

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:37:09 -0500

Sounds more like a rant than a question, but there are only two types of
USB ports: powered and unpowered. You've learned the same early USB lesson
we all did: Get a powered USB hub and keep it where you can reach it.

I too have seen windows suddenly install devices that were previously
connected just fine and were working well.