[msexchange] Re: Autoresponders and this list

  • From: Carl Black <CarlB@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:43:55 +1300

*wipes egg off face*
True, you'd have to modify my instructions to look for the string
[msexchange] in the subject of the mail.  That would do it.

but you're right, certainly admins should not be allowing these things to
leave the org - I'd raise two points, however:
1) Admins are responsible to management types, who may have mandated that
this be allowed.
2) Exchange will send autoresponses to the 'net despite being told not to
undre some fault conditions.