[msb-alumni] Re: LSJ Finally Published my Letter to the Editor About Richard Bernstein

  • From: "Vickie" <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:17:36 -0700

BlankWell, while I agree with Fred that it is because of our parents, and our
experiences, and our teaching at MSB, that made the sighted public aware of
blindness enough to put Bernstein in his position within the supreme court, I
also commend you Steve for pointing out that it was the media’s overstating of
how he got the position, being a super blind person.  it is great that
supposedly Richard has a photographic memory, but it’s not the only way to get
placed in such high positions within government or rank in any business.  So,
it appeared to me that you were just stating that fact.  so, it’s a good thing.
 I also know that you write to the Journal about other issues, not related to
blindness, and that’s also a good thing.  so, you’re just putting this out to
the list, since it is blindness related, and so I’m just letting the list
members know that this is the case.  You’re a good community active person, and
you certainly have the right to speak your mind.  You weren’t using any backing
that you were a member of any blindness organization, or speaking for any
blindness organization, so I think it’s ok.  I hope that sighted people will
read it and know in their minds that they can support other blind people who do
use technology and blindness skills to do other high qualified jobs.  Maybe
it’ll do some good for the blind community.  Oh, and, I do hope Sam doesn’t sue
you.  smile.
Vickie rolison