[mountainmilers] Re: Moving back till 10:30 today

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: paula@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 16:08:18 -0500 (EST)

Paula - that is awesome.  Kinda glad I spaced out an hour.  I did  7.5 at
exactly a 9 minute pace doing the last mile with Christina  Robertson.

First time since I can remember that I could just glide mile after mile
without stopping or even thinking about stopping.  Amazing what Albuterol  can
you do for breathing!  I need more drugs for  everything else.  Heidi wants
to do speedwork tomorrow and  I know she likes Crackhead park so maybe I
can score some good stuff there  tomorrow?

Forget the running thing - I used to say the only reason that I am
successful at running is because I could "outwork" my competition.  Now at  my
age
with a trashed body - it is all about who can score the best drugs.   Do any
of our local races do drug testing?  I will try to keep that out of  the
races I am involved with.

So Christina and Marti were there too and Deborah K and I ran into Clark,
the PHS track and XC country coach too.

Christina did 13 with Marti then came back out for 3 more and I caught up
with her for her last mile - as she summed it all up "How could I NOT  come
back out for a few more miles - this is gorgeous".  Now if  that doesn't
motivate you...

Here are some ideas - 1) Start logging your miles (walk, jog, run, bike,
whatever).  2) Enter an upcoming race in PHX or Sedona.  3) Set any  type
goal for yourself.  4) Tell Ken how great he is.  5) Get some new  shoes.
Splurge.  6) Get a parking pass from City Park and Recs (I  printed off the
form
and getting mine tomorrow) and then use it so your don't  feel guilty.  7)
Email Christina (Piano teacher and concert pianist for  those that don't
know her) and get even more motivation on why you should be out  there.

All of these things should help you get motivated.  Well #4 may not do
much but IT IS a GREAT GREAT idea  anyway...

Ken

In a message dated 1/1/2013 11:29:13 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
paula@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well it was a great run this morning with Cactus Jon, Cindy, Patty, and  I.
I ran into Ken as I was leaving. I don't think it was warm enough for
shorts Ken!

Wish  I could have done more than 4.2 miles and at a faster pace,  but glad
I made it. Now I will rest a couple of days and hope my  back spasm that
showed up this morning goes away!

Have a happy New Year everyone!
Paula

Oh, I am running the 10k in Sedona in Feb if anyone wants to carpool, I
don't mind driving. I could take three other people. Let me know.

On Jan 1, 2013, at 8:01 AM, _Golfdood51@aol.com_
(mailto:Golfdood51@xxxxxxx)  wrote:

Since I don't have commitments today and I want a quality run - I am
pushing back my start till 10:30 today at the Peavine because it is just a  tad
cold.  Warm by Minnesota standard but cold otherwise.

Ken

=