<MP>Tuesday, 27 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:27:41 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

L E N T  :  :  :  O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S

Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish illustrated by Saint Pat's
School 4th Graders. You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination
of Conscience and even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten regulations are
there too, along with a complete schedule of Services and Activities.  Be
sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've written them for
children and adults alike.  They've been newly illustrated this year by the
4th Graders at our own Saint Patrick's School and are available in English
and Spanish as well. Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that
you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  ~Romans
15:13

=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

The power of God's spirit is the greatest power in the universe.  Our
conquest of each other, the great kings and conquerors, the conquest of
wealth, the leaders of the money society, all amount to very little in the
end.  But the one that conquers him or herself is greater than the one who
conquers a city.  Material things have no permanence.  But God's spirit is
eternal.  Everything really worthwhile in the world is the  result of the
power of God's spirit.

=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may open myself to the power of God's spirit.  I pray that my
relationships with others may be improved by this spirit.

A member from Maine requests prayers for spiritual and physical health for
her children and grandchildren. Dolores asks prayers for a special
intention. A member asks prayers for prayers of healing for a neighbor, a
husband and father of three who was in an accident and remains unconscious.
Dorothy asks prayers for her husband who has great pain in his fingers.

Joe requests prayers for his brother who is in need of a new kidney and if
it is God's will that he can donate his while both families are taken care
of. Helen-Ann must complete urgent academic assignments by March 27, 2007 to
qualify for nursing license. A members asks for prayers to find a suitable
life partner soon, that if it is the Lord's will.

Mary asks prayers for a special intention. Alvina asks prayers for a special
intention. A boy ask prayers for his girlfriend whom he just broke up with,
making the right decision, and hoping both of them can recover fast. Andrea
asks prayers for my friend's sister who witnessed the drowning of a friend,
and for the friend who drowned and his family.

Nancy from PA asks for prayers of thanksgiving for her best friend's husband
whose biopsy reports came back negative when doctors thought the possibility
of cancer was 50/50 that all honor and glory be given to God from whom all
blessings flow. Jackie asks prayers for a special intention.

 A Mom asks prayers for her daughter to have favorable results of breast MRI
& mammogram this week. A member requests prayers for her son with decisions
regarding his future. A member asks prayers for her mother-in-law that her
final days be filled with peace and that death comes gently. Please pray for
someone discerning a call to priesthood.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site