[moneytalks] Status on check for updates?

  • From: Greg Epley <greg.epley64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Money Talks <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:00:01 -0600

Hi,
I'm new to the list, and a fairly new user to Money Talks (September 2012).

I'm on Vista 64, have no problems getting Windows updates, JAWS updates, or updating any other softwares through their update feature.

However, Money Talks refuses to update, giving me a "This computer is not connected to the Internet. Please establish an Internet connection and try again."

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. I tried adding the main Money Talks executable to Windows Firewall exceptions since it didn't show in the list, but this doesn't appear to have helped.

Based on a few old posts I managed to find, I'm not the only person having this problem, but I'm wondering if there's been any solution to this problem yet.

I'm running version 1.4.0.0, which I think is the most current, but the update process should just tell me this rather than failing to work at all.

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem.
-Greg