[moneytalks] Re: Some Input

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:31:59 -0500

Robert:

While you can import QIF files at any time, it would probably better to
decide early on whether you are going to use QIF files or not. This
would avoid the possibility of duplicate transactions getting in to the
register.

Rob Meredith

>>> rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx 12/09/06 07:54PM >>>
    Have been looking at this porgram for a while and finally got my
own
copy on cd today.

    The discussion about recurring transactions got me to read the
manual on
this topic.  It answered some questions I had and I am pleased.  One
was
what happens whan a recurring transaction falls on a weekend.  The
other was
how to handle such when it involves transfering funds, such as from
checking
to savings.  Looks nice.

    I do ahve a question, or two.  One, how easy is the use of the qif

files?  And can this method be used at any time?  I will check with my
bank
to see what format the file comes in.  Other question is, where does
noe buy
blank checks?  My printer does not have a feed slot so would have to be
full
page.  Is one check printed per page?  And are they easily separated?
write so few checks since I use bill pay that this might be a nice
option.

    I plan to put my MT into action at the first of the year.  Any tips
should hear before then?  This program is going to allow me to combine
more
than one operation, such as tracking expenses, so I am looking forward
using it.

After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?
Robert & Dreamer Doll (Guide Dawggie)
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx