[moneytalks] Re: Print checks?

  • From: "TERRIE TERLAU" <tterlau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:24:18 -0400

Andy,
Instead of Quicken-type checks which are pricy, there are two alternatives, one
costing very little more than wallet checks.
1. Most banks sell a business-sized check in a check-book. This check is almost
as big as a business envelope. It usually does not have a stub to tear off. Its
fields are just farther apart. This check option allows you to keep track of
check number yourself because remaining checks stay in the book.

2. A more costly, but neat, option is the large print, raised-line check. This
is the same size as the business check above, but has raised lines and raised
print. Money Talks supports this as well. These checks are in a book. Most
banks have them, but they don't know it until you go through the bank's big
book of check types and styles with them ― and then they are amazed to find it
there. It is a more expensive option, though.

Personally, I don't like the 3-to-a-page checks because I have to keep track of
partial pages of checks when I write only one. However, a number of people,
some on this list, find such checks to work well.

Terrie

Mary T. (Terrie) Terlau, Ph.D.
Adult Life Project Leader
Department of Educational and Technical Research
American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206
Phone:  (502) 899-2381