[molions] Opportunity For Youths

  • From: toni mahoney <tkmahoney54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 12:26:51 -0600

Opportunity For Youths

   The Lions clubs of Missouri support youths in their communities with
school projects, sports, scouts and etc. plus the many Services they
provide the youths.

    MD26 Opportunity for Youth have five Youth programs we encourage
Missouri Lions Clubs to participate with, Athletics (separate committee) ,
Band (separate committee), Leo's, Poster Contest and Youth Exchange Camp
(Lions International programs under one committee).

   Peace Poster Contest: Theme “Peace, Love and Understanding”   How
exciting all seven Districts sent a winning poster to CC Lion Jeff Hilke
for judging. M1 Brianna Foremann, Northwest Texas County Lions, poster was
chosen to represent MD26 at Lions International for judging and winner will
be announced sometime in February 2015 plus 23 merit award winners. Brianna
is invited to attend Mo. Lions State Convention to receive her award.

M1   Brianna Foreman, Plato R-V School, Huggins, Mo., Northwest Texas

County Lions

M2   Abby Price, Rogers Middle School, St. Louis, Mo., Webster Groves

Lions

M3   Brittney Johnson, Westran, Huntsville, Mo., Huntsville Lions

M4   Ashlyn Alexander, St. Gregory's School, Republic, Mo., Maryville

                     Pride
Lions

M5   Mackenzie Matzeder, Bingham Middle School, Independence, Mo.,

Independence Host Lions

M6   Coral Heimer, Republic Middle School, Republic, Mo., Republic Lions

M7   Jenna Rood, St. George Elementary, Hermann, Mo., Hermann Lions

   2015-2016 Theme “Share Peace”

 Peace Poster Contest Kits are available for purchase from Lions
International low price $11.95 plus shipping.

    The Youth Exchange Camp Directory at   www.lionsclubs.org   can be
accessed by all Missouri youths wanting to participate this coming year in
the 112 camps offered in 34 countries. I will sign off on completed
applications that meet the camps requirements they have chosen.

     William C. Chandler Lions Youth Camp is the name of Missouri Lions
camp participating in Lions International “Youth Exchange Camp” program.

     The dates are June 29th – July 27th, ages 17-21, transfer from 1st
host family to 2nd host family Thursday July 9th. Camp starts Sunday July 19
th – Sunday July 26th at Camp BrimShire located in St. James, Mo., will
return to 1st host family after camp until flight home.

     I have accepted the first three youths, young lady from Germany, young
lady from Spain and young man from Czech Republic. I look forward to
accepting the remaining 13 youths.

    PDG Lion Lisa Clinton puts together an outstanding group of tours for
camp and we look forward to Lions Clubs of Mo. support of this program
through many means, Host Family, monetary, dinners and etc.

  For more detail information please contact Lion Toni Mahoney, YEC
Coordinator 314-805-7391 tkmahoney54@xxxxxxxxx

Please share with ALL Lions of Missouri!

Lion Toni Mahoney
YEC Coordinator