[modular-debian] Re: More thoughts on Plan 9 and GUIs

  • From: Marty <martyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:33:44 -0500

On 11/28/2014 04:24 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:

Changing the name at this point would be a bad idea, because the name
"modular-debian" has acquired a heck of a lot of goodwill and
publicity. Everyone knows about it. Everyone knows this is where you go
if you want a Unix like OS without systemd.

Seriously?  How many people are on the list so far?  (Inquiring minds
really want to know.)

That would not give the whole picture. I've found my own postings here
in a web search, and lurkers can just go here:
//www.freelists.org/archive/modular-debian/

That said, I don't care about the name of the list, just as long as it's
not moderated and nobody complains about getting off-topic.

"This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone." from
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

If this were true I wouldn't mind using Debian's infrastructure for
modular-debian.