[modular-debian] Re: Goals and Starting points?

  • From: Mike Bird <mgb-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 14:05:49 -0800

I don't expect to make any final decision on what to do next until
after Jessie ships.  Meanwhile this list has been helpful in
pointing me to possibilities that are worth evaluating.  At this
time I am particularly interested in three possibilities:

(1) Using Jessie with some Wheezy packages to avoid systemd.
(2) Devuan.
(3) Using Funtoo to build binary packages for internal distro.

Despite the effort put into systemd-shim I am concerned that it
is continuously churned by the unstable systemd interfaces it
tries to emulate.  I do not consider it a viable solution.

--Mike