[modeleng] Re: pickling acids suppliers

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:23:54 -0500

Hi Dave,

Can't help you with an exact source, but can give some ideas as to who uses
H2SO4 commercially.

-forklift truck battery service and sales firms
-some car garages still have it for car batteries
-stove/fireplace foundries, sheetmetal shops and ironworks use it for
cleaning castings and steel sheet
-chemical supply firms should have it.

On this list I remember pickling has come up several times and citric acid
was mentioned as easier to get than sulfuric, and works nearly as well.
Brewers and brewery/winemaking supply firms will have citric acid.

Good luck, Jeff Dayman Waterloo Ontario Canada