[modeleng] Re: new year & battery loco's

  • From: Kenneth Swales <kenwillowbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:17:27 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Rich

You asked about the Barton House Railway (BHR).  At
present I haven't seen the 3 1/2 inch steam
locomotives.

One (the original loco that started it all)is
somewhere in Lincolnshire having a new boiler fitted
and a fresh coat of paint.

The other locomotive is being overhauled by a member
of the North Norfolk Model Engineering Soc.

At present I have a 3 1/2 Conway built awaiting a new
boiler (arriving sometime about August) which will
help with the steaming side of the 3 1/2" gauge.

On the 7 1/4 line, Midge is under major overhaul and
so steaming is left to an Edward Thomas.  Two battery
operated units help out as necessary.

As far as details of your own electric 3 1/2 gauge
goes I (or we as far as BHR goes) would be very
grateful for any help you can give.

When did you visit the BHR?  Would you like some
updated information on the BHR?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ken