[modeleng] copy of message

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 03:24:30 +0100

The following message was sent by Pendragon  (Ian Priest), but for some reason,
bounced.
Not sure why. Oh the "joys" of computers and the Internet!
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.

Greetings all,

Should I say allo, allo, allo, as chaps you see I am one of the hapless
creatures 'plod', I have been so for some 15 years having worked in
industry [heavy forge] prior for 12 years, I can with a degree of
honesty say the industrial bit was the easiest.

Please don't blame the plod chap you see at your door, walking down the
high street, arresting criminals, chatting and reassuring the public and
all the other myriad things that plod does [or not as the case may be]
as he is very much on the bottom wrong of the ladder.  He takes the
brunt of the criticism from his senior officers [note not superior] when
the figures are down and the grief from the public to boot.

I believe the British plod is a victim of bureaucrats and politicians
who want to see results and not to mention a rain forests worth of
paperwork for the simplest cases, he is governed by persons trying to
make the service run like just like a business when in reality it's a
person job and figures on paper don't always tally.

I enjoy my job despite the groans, and please chaps remember this ~~~~
when you see something you don't like or something that turns your guts
over what do you do, who do you phone........and remember this, plod who
turn up on your doorstep might just have come from one of those
incidents, so bite yer tongue it aint his fault as you will discover
over a cup of char that the plod you are talking to is just, if not more
frustrated with the system as you are.

Regards IP