[modeleng] boats

  • From: <julianharrison7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "models" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:00:26 +0100

Hi,
I have a friend who for various reasons is struggling with his health and has
been told by his counseller that he needs a hobby to keep his brain busy rather
than it turning to finding ways of ending it all. He has always been interested
in boats so has decided he would like to build a working model of a boat. Some
years ago he built a kit of the Cuttyy Sark but it is only ornamental.

Has anyone got any plans for a simple boat that I can buy or have so he can
start building. I have suggested something very simple to start with possibly
as simple as a rowing boat to learn the principles. A majority of the model
needs to be from wood because that is his trade. Some cnc is possible as I can
do that for him with the necessary plans but most will be by hand.

Regards

Julian.